Monday, March 10, 2014

It's working

And by that I mean that the change to a healthy diet and a more active lifestyle are working.  Yesterday's lunch was known as "eating the colors of the rainbow."  See for yourself:


Turkey, zucchini and tomato stuffed red and yellow peppers and a purple cabbage "steak." Stephen told me after dinner that he didn't prefer this type of "steak." Maybe my taste buds have changed because I thought it was really tasty.

Dinner last night was almost as colorful.  I made Denise's (my sister-in-law) gazpacho recipe.  For those who don't recognize this word, gazpacho is a cold vegetable soup which involves slicing and dicing cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, onions and celery.  The veggies are mixed in a base of tomato or V-8 juice with a few other ingredients that spice up the soup.  We definitely got in our 5 servings of vegetables yesterday.  

This morning I was happy to see that my scale has noticed that "it" is working, as well.  Glad to be rid of some of my unwanted weight.  Since this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, I recognize that this one of many steps on the path to being healthier.


No comments:

Post a Comment