Monday, March 31, 2014

Healthy Eating Continues

The good thing about eating healthy is that sooner or later you can tell that you've been eating healthy.  It's been 70 days since I started on this journey and, thankfully, there is less of me these days.  I've had zero difficulty adjusting to the food; giving up sugar, flour and most dairy hasn't been that hard.  

Instead, the hardest part has been the prep work, including planning the weekly menus, grocery shopping, cleaning all the fruits/vegetables, and then cooking.  The entire process takes a lot of time!  Although I haven't found myself craving any particular food, lately I have longed for a chance to eat a meal that required little, if any prep--like maybe a ham sandwich, a grilled cheese or a can of soup.  

Nevertheless, except for a quick lunch at the mall on Saturday, we've been eating every meal at home.  I guess it's just part of the lifestyle change!






No comments:

Post a Comment